Help! My fat healthy puppy at the breeders now has diarrhea at my home.
As a Breeder of World Champion bred Doberman Pinscher Puppies we are ever watchful of our puppies stools, always on the lookout for a change in consistency or color and we recommend you as a new Doberman Pinscher owner do the same throughout your Dobermans' life as well.
If your puppy has a loose stool, greasy sandy or foamy puddle, slimy or mucous'y stool with flecks of blood or occasional chronic diarrhea:
Has your new Doberman recently been shipped?
Is there more Stress than normal (new home, children, crate training etc.)?
Have you recently changed your puppies food?
Does your puppy eat non edible items outside?
Has your puppy recently been exposed to new dogs or cats?
Have you given your puppy too many rich treats?
Do you give your puppy chlorinated or fluoridated city water?
Has your new puppy drank our of mud puddles, ponds or rivers?
What to do first:
First ~ consult with your new puppies veterinarian FIRST.
Second ~ Call YOUR Doberman puppies breeder!
Try giving your puppy bottled water for a few days, then if this step resolved the issue within a few days then you may slowly start adding back city water. (pure water is always best though)
Try giving your puppy boiled chicken and brown rice for a few days.
You can also mix in a tablespoon of canned pumpkin with his kibble. (not pie mix!)
If after trying these tips your puppy still has issues, just doesn't feel spunky or has begun vomiting take him and a fresh stool sample to your veterinarian immediately.
Possible causes for Watery or bloody diarrhea:
Giardia or Coccidia or Both.
Parvo or Distemper. (Both diseases are endemic in the USA)
Please remember puppies can be extremely resilient, BUT are also very fragile, if your puppy develops water diarrhea, bloody stools or vomiting, take him to the veterinarian hospital immediately!
A young puppy can die within hours of starting diarrhea and vomiting due to the imbalance of electrolytes.
Author ~ Jan
I've been "Owned" by a Doberman since 1973, they are the only dog for me..
January 2021 April 2020 January 2020 November 2019 October 2019 June 2019 January 2019 November 2018 August 2018 July 2018 June 2018 November 2017 September 2017 August 2017
- Puppies For Sale
- OUR DOBERMANS
- CONTACT US
- Doberman Sires
- Doberman Moms
- NUVET Vitamins
- Kuranda Dog Beds
- ABOUT US
- Doberman Blog
- Doberman Supplies
- Doberman Puppy Care
- PUPPY BUYERS TESTIMONY
- EAR CROPPING DOBERMAN PUPPIES
- BRINGING YOUR PUPPY HOME
- Feeding Dobermans
- All About Unique Dobermans
- DRACULA VON SAGRAMOS IPO1
- ENZO VON DER TOPFERSTADT
- BRADLEY VON UNIQUE
- Introduction to Dobermans
- European Doberman vs American Doberman which is better?
- Doberman Videos
- Are European Dobermans Good With KIDS?
- DOBERMAN TEMPERAMENT
- DOBERMAN PINSCHER HEALTH TESTING
- Local Resorts and Motels while visiting Unique Dobermans
- Doberman Temperament Testing
- 8 Tips on Training Your Doberman Puppy For Free
- WATCH OR GUARD DOG
- BALANCED TOTAL DOBERMAN
- IDIOPATHIC HEAD TREMORS
- Raw Dog Bones
- Worming Your Doberman
- Holistic Veterinarians
- In Memory of Dobermans
- Vaccine Delimma and yur Doberman
- Vaccinating Your Doberman Part 1
- Vaccinating Your Doberman Part 2
- DCM and DOBERMAN PINSCHER HEALTH
- Tips on Keeping Safe in Real Life Situations using Dobermans for Protection
- Warlock Doberman For Sale
- Mourning and Grieving the loss of your Dog
- Will I see my dog in Heaven?
- The Lords Prayer
- We The People
- Dobermans for Schutzhund/IPO
- Doberman Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Dobermans and the Deadly Seven Sires
- Canine Whelping and Age Calculator
- Kennel Blindness
- DOBERMAN SIBLING RIVALRY
- Schutzhund Commands
- Started Puppies
- Russkaja Mechta Maya
- RETIRED BREEDING DOBERMANS