Does your female puppy have a discharge from her vulva? What is that?
Puppy vaginitis is simply an overproduction of mucus in female puppies.
Puppy vaginitis can appear as early as six weeks of age, and if you don't bother her with harsh shampoo, douches, toxic baby wipes (yes they are toxic) it generally will resolve all on its own when your puppy begins to reach puberty.
Puppy vaginitis can sometimes be confused with urinary tract infections.
True puppy vaginitis is a benign condition, and should not be treated with antibiotics or douches. Puppy vaginitis is part of the maturation process of the reproductive tract.
Generally this is a self limiting condition of the female reproductive tract during maturation.
Sometimes puppies will lick themselves excessively, if this is the case take your Doberman puppy to your veterinarian for an evaluation.
It is also common for female pups to get a true UTI (urinary tract infection) at puberty between 6 to 9 months of age.
Cranberry pills wrapped in cheese 3 times a day will change the ph of her urine and will usually clear up all but the toughest UTI's.
As always consult with your veterinarian before treating your puppy.
- Puppies For Sale
- Doberman Sires
- Doberman Mothers
- Doberman Supplies
- NUVET Vitamins
- Doberman Puppy Care
- CONTACT US
- ABOUT US
- Doberman Puppy Buyers Testimony
- Kuranda Dog Beds
- Raw Dog Bones
- Feeding Dobermans
- Doberman Blog
- All About Unique Dobermans
- European Doberman vs American Doberman which is better?
- Doberman Videos
- Are European Dobermans Good With KIDS?
- DOBERMAN TEMPERAMENT
- DOBERMAN PINSCHER HEALTH TESTING
- Local Resorts and Motels while visiting Unique Dobermans
- Doberman Temperament Testing
- 8 Tips on Training Your Doberman Puppy For Free
- Holistic Veterinarians
- EAR CROPPING DOBERMAN PUPPIES
- In Memory of Dobermans
- Vaccinating Your Doberman to prevent illness
- Vaccinating Your Doberman Part 1
- Vaccinating Your Doberman Part 2
- DCM and DOBERMAN PINSCHER HEALTH
- Worming Your Doberman for Parasites plus Giardia and Coccidia
- Tips on Keeping Safe in Real Life Situations using Dobermans for Protection
- Warlock Doberman For Sale
- Mourning and Grieving the loss of your Dog
- Will I see my dog in Heaven?
- The Lords Prayer
- We The People
- Dobermans for Schutzhund/IPO
- BALANCED TOTAL DOBERMAN
- Doberman Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Dobermans and the Deadly Seven Sires
- Canine Whelping and Age Calculator
- Kennel Blindness
- Schutzhund Commands
- BRADLEY VON UNIQUE
- MAE WEST
- RETIRED BREEDING DOBERMANS
- ENZO VON DER TOPFERSTADT