Should I buy a Male or Female Doberman? This is a common question I get asked from time to time.... The Unique Doberman possess four characteristics which makes it stand out among all the other breeds, speed, power, quick reaction time and independent thinking. ALL good Dobermans will have this independence tempered with a strong desire to please his master, regardless of sex.
Females: ~ In most cases she will be more concerned about pleasing her master. The female is usually a little faster and her reaction time a little quicker than the male. While she is not smarter than the male, she usually trains easier as she will pay better attention to her owner.
Males: ~ He is more powerful than the female because of his size. He can be harder to control because he is more determined and interested in what is going on in the world around him. If he is taught manners and well trained early in life, he will make a wonderful companion and Watchdog!
Are Dobermans good pets with children? The Unique Doberman is an EXCELLENT family dog! A life as a family member is our goal in producing a litter.
He is a devoted companion and protector. With training and intelligent socialization of the dog and child, the Doberman makes a gentle playmate for a kind and considerate youngster. He makes an excellent dog for a junior who wishes to exhibit in dog shows, obedience trials or Schutzhund competition.
Our Dobermans are even great in 4-H.
Are Dobermans easy to care for? The Dobermans thick short coat needs only an occasional brushing and his toenails kept trimmed neatly. In bad weather, a vigorous toweling will quickly clean and dry him. He is naturally as tidy as a cat and keeps himself clean and rarely has any "Doggy odor". He is easily housebroken and will adjust to most anyone's daily routine... he just wants to be with his master. He will appreciate a romp outside or a long hike, but he is most content to just curl up on a rug in the house next to your feet.
Do you need a large yard for a Doberman? The Unique Doberman is happiest when he is inside with his master. Remember he is "The Velcro Dog". However, he should have a large place to exercise freely off lead. It doesn't need to be a large yard, just somewhere that he can burn off some energy especially when he's under 2 years of age.
DO NOT ALLOW YOUR DOBERMAN TO RUN LOOSE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
- Puppies For Sale
- Doberman Sires
- Doberman Mothers
- Doberman Supplies
- NUVET Vitamins
- Doberman Puppy Care
- CONTACT US
- ABOUT US
- Doberman Puppy Buyers Testimony
- Kuranda Dog Beds
- Raw Dog Bones
- Feeding Dobermans
- Doberman Blog
- All About Unique Dobermans
- European Doberman vs American Doberman which is better?
- Doberman Videos
- Are European Dobermans Good With KIDS?
- DOBERMAN TEMPERAMENT
- DOBERMAN PINSCHER HEALTH TESTING
- Local Resorts and Motels while visiting Unique Dobermans
- Doberman Temperament Testing
- 8 Tips on Training Your Doberman Puppy For Free
- Holistic Veterinarians
- EAR CROPPING DOBERMAN PUPPIES
- In Memory of Dobermans
- Vaccinating Your Doberman to prevent illness
- Vaccinating Your Doberman Part 1
- Vaccinating Your Doberman Part 2
- DCM and DOBERMAN PINSCHER HEALTH
- Worming Your Doberman for Parasites plus Giardia and Coccidia
- Tips on Keeping Safe in Real Life Situations using Dobermans for Protection
- Warlock Doberman For Sale
- Mourning and Grieving the loss of your Dog
- Will I see my dog in Heaven?
- The Lords Prayer
- We The People
- Dobermans for Schutzhund/IPO
- BALANCED TOTAL DOBERMAN
- Doberman Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Dobermans and the Deadly Seven Sires
- Canine Whelping and Age Calculator
- Kennel Blindness
- Schutzhund Commands
- BRADLEY VON UNIQUE
- MAE WEST
- RETIRED BREEDING DOBERMANS
- ENZO VON DER TOPFERSTADT