Doberman Puppy Bottle Feeding Recipe
There are times when either your new mother had a very large litter, is ill, has had an emergency c-section or passed during or shortly after birthing that you will need to supplement your puppies by tube feeding or bottle feeding.
We use whole goat's milk (not pasteurized cow's milk) from a local goat dairy, Whole goat's milk is by far the best to use. You can purchase goats milk from a local goat dairy (check craigslist.com in your area) Health Food Stores (they told us about the dairy), Fred Meyer and Walmart both sell evaporated milk, whole goat's milk and evaporated goats milk. Make sure you are using EITHER evaporated milk OR whole goat's milk. Do NOT use sweetened condensed milk or any type of cows milk!
Puppy Formula Recipe:
10 oz RAW Goats Milk
3 oz. sterilized water (baby water OR boiled water that is then cooled). This is NOT needed if using raw whole goat's milk.
1 raw egg yolk.
1 cup of plain yogurt (avoid skim or fat free if at all possible).
1 Teaspoon of liquid probiotics available at http://www.revivalanimal.com/
1/2 tsp Karo Syrup or Corn Syrup (NOT HONEY!)
1 Tablespoon of Coconut oil warmed into liquid form.
Blend 1/2 the milk with the egg yolk, yogurt, coconut oil and Karo syrup in a blender or use a wire whisk. After it's blended thoroughly add the rest of the milk and whiz once.
Place all the Doberman Pinscher puppy formula milk replacement into a clean container and refrigerate.
To use, warm puppy formula to body temperature around 101 degrees in a baby bottle placed in hot water, sprinkle a few drops on your inner arm to make sure it's not too hot! Discard any unused formula.
Make sure to poke a few extra holes in the newborn nipple so the thick mixture flows thru easily, but not so many or large enough holes that you choke your puppy.
- Puppies For Sale
- Doberman Sires
- Doberman Mothers
- NUVET Vitamins
- Kuranda Dog Beds
- Doberman Blog
- CONTACT US
- Doberman Supplies
- Doberman Puppy Care
- ABOUT US
- PUPPY BUYERS TESTIMONY
- EAR CROPPING DOBERMAN PUPPIES
- Raw Dog Bones
- Feeding Dobermans
- All About Unique Dobermans
- Introduction to Dobermans
- European Doberman vs American Doberman which is better?
- Doberman Videos
- Are European Dobermans Good With KIDS?
- DOBERMAN TEMPERAMENT
- DOBERMAN PINSCHER HEALTH TESTING
- Local Resorts and Motels while visiting Unique Dobermans
- Doberman Temperament Testing
- 8 Tips on Training Your Doberman Puppy For Free
- WATCH OR GUARD DOG
- BALANCED TOTAL DOBERMAN
- IDIOPATHIC HEAD TREMORS
- Worming Your Doberman
- Holistic Veterinarians
- In Memory of Dobermans
- Vaccinating Your Doberman to prevent illness
- Vaccinating Your Doberman Part 1
- Vaccinating Your Doberman Part 2
- DCM and DOBERMAN PINSCHER HEALTH
- Tips on Keeping Safe in Real Life Situations using Dobermans for Protection
- Warlock Doberman For Sale
- Mourning and Grieving the loss of your Dog
- Will I see my dog in Heaven?
- The Lords Prayer
- We The People
- Dobermans for Schutzhund/IPO
- Doberman Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Dobermans and the Deadly Seven Sires
- Canine Whelping and Age Calculator
- Kennel Blindness
- DOBERMAN SIBLING RIVALRY
- Schutzhund Commands
- BRADLEY VON UNIQUE
- A. S. I.
- RETIRED BREEDING DOBERMANS
- DRACULA VON SAGRAMOS IPO1
- ENZO VON DER TOPFERSTADT